Okay…so maybe I’m not yet actually “ready”, but I have spent the better part of the last week truly getting excited for this race. When I first announced this race, I was happy for the experience to run the New Jersey Marathon, but I didn’t have any emotions connected to it. Now that I’m almost done the bulk of my training, my heart is completely in for these 26.2 miles that will go down in 26 days and here are some reasons why!
- I love how the NJ Marathon has such a great online presence to hype us runners up for the race. Their Instagram and Facebook pages are fantastic! It kicks me back in gear on those days where I don’t feel like training.
- It’s on the Jersey Shore! I’ve never been to the Jersey Shore and I can’t wait to run in a new place. I’m hoping the water views will keep me entertained during the last 10 miles!
- This race is a flat one! While I don’t totally mind hills in a race, I’m hoping this will make for a PR course (not that I haven’t put in the work for a PR!).
4. Aid stations every 1.5 miles! I bring my own hydration, but it will be nice to be more comfortable running with a bottle instead of my hydration pack – I think that played a part to overheating during my last marathon.
5. The Bagel Nook! Have you SEEN the videos of the Flaming Hot Cheetos Bagels on Facebook? The bakery is only 20 minutes from where I’m staying and one of those is totally MINE the morning after the race.
Doesn’t this sound absolutely wonderful? You can run too! There is a marathon, half marathon, and a relay! There is also a 5k the day before. Sign up and save with my code!