Disclaimer: I received a free entry to Rock and Roll DC as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
As I’ve shared in my last few weekly recaps, I’m running the Rock and Roll DC half marathon in just a week and a half! This race has been on my wish list ever since I started running. I’m so excited that it’s finally happening for me! Lets look at the 5 reasons why I’m excited for this race:
1. Washington, DC is one of my favorite places. There are simply so many beautiful places. I’m looking forward to that the course is vastly different than the Marine Corps Marathon, and I’ll get to explore new areas of the city.
2. The expo! – It sounds silly, but I’m excited for the expo for a couple of reasons. I hope to meet up with some other Bib Rave Pro’s, but I also am excited to hit up the Hoka booth! They have two new shoes, the Arahi and the Graviota, that I’m dying to try on. As far as I know, local stores aren’t selling them yet. My first pair of Hokas now have over 300 miles on them (and the second pair has almost 150), so it’s time to start looking for a new pair 😉
3. It’ll be my 13th half marathon – there’s just something that sticks out to be about the 13th 13.1. It also falls at a great time in my marathon training. I haven’t yet decided if I’ll run for time or use the race as a training run.
4. A short getaway – I’m taking a half (or maybe a whole day) to go to the expo on Friday, and I got a hotel near the metro. No, the race isn’t all that far from me. But a night away to relax is just what I’ve been needing. This race falls after a busy two weeks at work so it will be a nice reward.
5. A HUGE race – This is likely going to be the second biggest race I’ve run. I like the idea of running with a lot of people, as having someone to pass always pushes me a little harder. This is also putting me out of my comfort zone. The logistics of Rock and Roll races have scared me in the past, and I’m excited to finally tackle that fear. My friend, Ava, is running too and I hope to see her!
If you want to run with me – it’s not too late! Online registration is open through 3/4/17. Save $15 off the half or marathon distances with the code BIBRAVE15 (which is also good for any RNR race, half or full distance with the exception of Carlsbad, which is good for the two distances.)
Have you run any Rock and Roll races? In 2017 I have this one and Philly on my list!