1. Thank god it’s Thursday, seriously. This week has been overwhelming, exhausting, and everything in between. I’ve found it so hard to put my thoughts into words so I’m ever so thankful it’s time to Think Out Loud with Amanada!
2. I seem to be experiencing the post-race blues. I’m trying to take a “recovery week” but goodness gracious, I just want to run! However, I’m making sure to stay thankful that my body got through the race unharmed and that I still love running. But if I don’t get back on my feet soon (as in like 30 minutes) I’m going to go apes**t.
3. This week, school has gotten hard. With the addition of clinicals, I am simply overwhelmed and don’t know what to do with myself. Yesterday I had a really difficult client for a screening and I just thought “Why am I doing this? Am I even going to be a good therapist?” But I have to keep in mind that I’m thankful I’m here and I have 3 hours of clinicals done. Only 372 to go!
4. Lake Placid made me realize something important. You know how everyone says to not compare yourself to others? Yeah well I’m the person who always does. Until Saturday. I think I’ve finally realized that I don’t have to be perfect and run a 2:10 half to be successful. Not yet. I’m thankful that I’m starting to really accept where I am in running, and love the small progress I’ve been making.
5. I’m starting to realize that I’m thankful for my body. I went to kickboxing with some friends on Tuesday. The class killed me (I’m still sore) but I loved looking at us in the mirror. Not because I love looking at myself, but I realized that even though I’m short, I’m rather strong. Aside from my lack of core muscles, I have strong legs, a strong heart, and a stronger mind.
6. Last but not least, I’m thankful for the blog. My mind is so full of thoughts and I really need this to empty it out. Whether or not people read, I need to keep this going throughout these next two years to keep myself sane. Everyone, grad school is hard. I can’t put into words. It’s so worth it though.
Bonus #7: Know how I wrote I had to run? I changed my mind after reading some blogs. I really just want to go back to bed. Seeing as how I have a long day ahead of myself, I’m totally allowing myself to do so. I love to run, but school’s the most important thing right now and I have to be rested to be at my best. Two weeks ago, I was so mad when I felt like I couldn’t get out for a run, but I can really be thankful that I’m able to listen to what my body needs, even if it is more sleep. I can always run later today or tomorrow.